FRHI ANNOUNCES KEY LEADERSHIP APPOINTMENTS
- Global Hotel Leader Announces New Roles and Organizational Changes to Maximize Operational Performance and Support Continued Growth -
TORONTO, September 4, 2013 – FRHI Hotels & Resorts (FRHI), the parent company of luxury and upper upscale hotel brands Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Raffles Hotels & Resorts and Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts, today announced several appointments to its senior leadership team. The management changes, which include executive appointments and newly created roles in the areas of operations, sales and marketing and human resources, are also aligned with the company’s move to a new divisional structure.
“We’ve added a very experienced and dynamic group of industry professionals to our senior leadership team; individuals who will help us achieve our long term strategic objectives of growing our distinctive hotel brands, maximizing performance, and building long term value for our owners,” said Michael Glennie, president and chief operating officer, FRHI. “Our new regional framework combined with our corporate resources center provides us with a superior and streamlined operating platform that will help drive better results, while continuing to meet the needs of our guests. This new business model also provides us with a solution that is scalable as we execute on our planned development pipeline and sign new hotel management agreements around the world.”
The following appointments are effective immediately:
- Jennifer Fox has been promoted to president, International, while also maintaining her position as president, Fairmont Brand. In this newly created role, Fox will relocate to Zurich and lead hotel operations for FRHI’s International division, which includes the sub regions of Europe, Middle East, Africa & India and Asia Pacific. With the company projecting 50% growth over the next five years, much of it internationally, Fox will also oversee the company’s Hotel Openings & Integration team.
- Kevin Frid has been promoted to president, Americas. In this newly created role, Frid will be based in Toronto and will oversee hotel operations for FRHI in the Americas, the company’s single largest region with more than 45 hotels under management. Prior to his appointment, Frid served as the company’s executive vice president, operations, Americas and Europe.
With strong, distinct and focused hotel brands, FRHI will continue to employ dedicated brand management teams, which will concentrate on brand strategy, positioning and standards. Deepening focus in these core areas will ensure continued refinement and advancement of the company’s hotel brands, leading to greater competitive advantage and enhanced brand differentiation.
- Peter Frenchcontinues in his role as president, Raffles Brand. In addition to his positioning and strategy functions, French will also retain operations responsibility for Raffles’ luxury portfolio of hotels and resorts, an esteemed brand with a celebrated past and dramatic growth pipeline.
- Meinhard Huck continues in his role as president, Swissôtel Brand. Huck will continue to guide and provide ongoing direction to the Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts collection, an award-winning and distinctive portfolio of deluxe hotels renowned for their fresh and contemporary design.
Newly created positions in the company’s corporate center include:
- Jeff Senior has been promoted to executive vice president and chief marketing officer. In this newly created role, Senior will be responsible for all FRHI sales and marketing activity including global sales, corporate branding, digital marketing, public relations, marketing partnerships, loyalty marketing, revenue management and analytics. Senior, along with his sales and marketing teams, will also provide guidance, support and direction to the company’s regional marketing divisions. Most recently, Senior was FRHI’s executive vice president, marketing & sales.
- Michelle Crosby joined the company earlier this year and has been named executive vice president and chief human resources officer. In this role, Crosby directs and has full responsibility for FRHI’s human resources function globally. This includes corporate staffing, compensation, benefits, internal communications, talent management and learning. Based in Toronto, Crosby brings over 25 years of experience in human resources consulting and corporate HR leadership to the position.
FRHI Hotels & Resorts (FRHI) is a leading luxury hotel management company that operates over 105 hotels globally under the Fairmont, Raffles, and Swissôtel brands. The company’s distinctive portfolio of luxury and upper upscale hotels features celebrated icons, world-class resorts and stylish city center hotels. Some notable hotels include the Raffles Singapore, Swissotel The Bosphorus, The Fairmont San Francisco and London’s The Savoy. Focused on growing its distinctive hotel brands, the company is also developing new hotels in key locations around the world including exciting projects in China, Russia, India, Turkey and Saudi Arabia. The company also manages Fairmont and Raffles branded estates and luxury private residence club properties. For more information, please visit frhi.com.
For further information:
FRHI Hotels & Resorts
416 874 2457